Tuesday 18 December 2007

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas




This is the time of year that so many of us join up with old friends and family, perhaps for a meal, a drink and maybe just maybe a game or two. Unfortunately there will be no games club this Tuesday as a result the next time we will meet will be in 15 days on Jan 1st. Most of us agreed that hangovers may have gone by that Tuesday night. This is two weeks from now so if anyone out there wants to meet up to play some games at any point through this festive period, who knows you may have time off work etc….or you may be sick of playing risk against your Gran and want to play a proper game, then please feel free to send me a text message or an e-mail and I will see what is out there and pair some of us up.

It is a shame that we can’t share mince pies or pull a cracker or two and I will just have to put in the cupboard all those Christmas cards I had bought for everyone and save them for next year. Unfortunately the chocolate and beer I had bought everyone will perish too soon for me to distribute itm, so I will have to eat it myself!!

This lack of Christmas cheer will no doubt please the philistines among us who would rather ‘baa humbug’ than ‘ho ho ho’ But I will miss you all these coming two weeks, miss the opportunity of spreading a bit of good will, peace on earth and a of course miss thrashing you at a boardgame and you will take little solace in the hollow victory of holding Australasia for the whole game against your Gran and wish you were instead losing at a real game against proper players.

See you in the new year.

Merry Christmas

2 comments:

Mr Bond said...

On the basis of the last two posts I think Luke has gone slightly mad.

Hopefully the Christmas break will restore his sanity level.

andy said...

If it doesn't, it will have all been for NOUGHT.